Thursday, December 22, 2011

dissapointing news

We just found out that there is a problem with our paperwork that the US citizenship office is reviewing.  Two names were misspelled and they have told us we must request a new Letter Seeking Confirmation from China.  We are heartbroken.  This should delay our traveling about a month or two.  Why does it have to be so hard!?!  I have prayed that God would go before our paperwork and correct any mistakes we missed.  I am having a really hard time right now, asking why, why, why...  
It's just so hard to believe it has to be this hard!!!
As I was fussing, crying and praying earlier, my Lord spoke to me through a song that came on the radio by Matthew West.  The lyrics went something like this...

You must think I'm strong,
To give me what I'm going through.
Forgive me if I'm wrong,
but this looks like more than I can do,
on my own.

I know I'm not strong enough to be everything I'm supposed to be
I give up, I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy, wont you cover me?
Lord, right now I'm asking you to be strong enough,
strong enough for both of us.

well maybe, maybe that's the point,
to reach the point of giving up.
because when I'm finally at rock bottom, that's when I start looking up

I am broken, You are God.
You are strong when I am weak.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be strong enough.
Lord, right now I 'm asking You to be strong enough for the both of us.



I've also been praying the lyrics of this beautiful song for the past few months, Blessings, from Laura Story...

We pray for wisdom, your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we can not feel you near.
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from your Word is not enough.

And all the while you hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

What if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know your near...
What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?

This Christmas I will be praising God for our beautiful daughter and that He has brought us this far and for what is to come.  And at the same time, I will be mourning that we will not be together this Christmas and for the two years we have missed of her precious life.  He is faithful and He is always good!

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment