Thursday, December 1, 2011

We received our LOC!!

On Tuesday we heard from ACGI that they had received our Letter Seeking Confirmation from China.  A very sophisticated form from China written in Chinese and English basically seeking to confirm that we want to adopt the precious baby girl we already said we want to adopt.  This is what we have been waiting on since September 1st.  Praise the Lord!!!  So, since Tuesday we have been very busy gathering and anxiously filling out all the forms that are to be mailed in with the signed LOC.  Because of the typo I previously made, I was so worried that I would make another error and that we would be delayed again.  Tonight we will sign this form and overnight the package to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and then we will begin gathering some more documents to be mailed to China.  Then we wait again to hear back from the US and Chinese governments.  We should travel to China in about three months.

Thank you so much for your prayers. This waiting has definitley not been easy, even though I keep telling myself that I better enjoy this time while I can still sleep through the night!  I had a dream a couple of nights ago that she was here in the US and we took possession of her here.  It was very sudden and unexpected, like a phone call saying, "meet me at ..., I have your child for you."  In my dream, that first night, I couldn't get her to sleep and I was so tired and she was so tired.  But she wouldn't go to sleep that night or the next day.  When I woke up I was very thankful for the rest I was able to get in my comfortable bed that night.

We are so excited to have reached this step in our journey!! Thank you so much for keeping up with us!!

1 comment:

  1. We have actually had several of those nights, where Joel has not slept for 1 single minute! So, yes, yes, yes - sleep now! :)
    I am so excited for you to have PROGRESS!! GREAT NEWS!

    ReplyDelete